Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tagging, But Not the Kind You Think

One of my grad school friends tagged me on her blog, Nothing Elegant. I hardly ever see her anymore so I figured I would do this as a way of playing catch-up with her. I decided not to delete a question.



Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people.



1) What are you wearing right now? Long johns, boxers, black pants, undershirt, t-shirt, flannel button-up.



2) What's the last thing I read/ are currentlyreading? Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson and Genre by John Frow. I am about to start A Room with a View by E. M. Forster and Beloved by Toni Morrison.



3) Do you nap a lot? Of course, I am grad school. I just told a co-worker that I slept from 3-10 to Tuesday. Quite random. But that might not qualify as a nap. I do usually nap at least twice a week though.



4) Who was the last person you hugged? My dear friend Beamish. And maybe hugged through my words, my boss Hall.



5) What's your current obsession/addiction? TV, as usual. Expect a blog entry in the coming weeks on my new found show, Upstairs, Downstairs.



6) What was the last thing you said out loud? "Yeah. No. I don't think so." (My boss just told me I should text this guy to see about a date for Valentine's Day.)



7) What websites do you always visit when you go online? E-mail, EW.com, tvguide.com, abc. com/cw.com (to catch up on missed shows), Current Sauce webpage (my undergrad newspaper), NY Times Book section, facebook...



8) What was the last item you bought? A subway sandwich.



9) What is your most challenging goal? To get healthier and lose weight.



10) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished- anywhere in the world, where would it be? Southwest or Northeast England.



11) Favorite Vacation spot? D. C., New Orleans, or London.



12) Say something to the person who tagged you: T, I feel like we never see each other. I totally planned on getting together for lunch last semester, but I just never got around to it. I kinda got swamped towards the end because the paper for Laird's Directed Study was due the week after the break, and then, things just got out of hand. I would like to know how things are going with you though. Maybe soon karma will bring us together--kinda like this post.



13) Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you: food.



14) You are on the Oregon Trail. How are things going? I am probably not doing to well since I am not that fond of camping, and I've also never played that game in school.



15) If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why? I wouldn't really freak out because I'm a boy already. Hehe.



16) Name one thing you can not live with out: I'm not sure. I would like to be sarcastic and say something like oxygen. I've been thinking a lot about this though, and I kinda think that I could probably renounce quite a bit of things.



17) Has a celebrity's haircut ever influence you on your own hairstyle? Maybe, but not one that would be worth noting, I'm sure.



18) What is your favorite characteristic or quality about yourself [not appearance-related]: ??? Um, I think I can be quite clever. I like to make people laugh. But I also like to have great conversations, too. So, I would lean more towards my speaking skills.



19) What brought you to blogland? I've always been a very unsuccessful journal writer. Blogging just sort of interests me. You can be/write what you want. And I thought it would be an interesting way to act out Laminations of my own. Byatt is my favorite author. (I kind of envision Frederica working for the Huffington Post if she were a real person.)



20) New Question: What attracts you most to another person? Their intellect and usually their appearance.



21) New Question II: If you had to choose between a goose who laid golden eggs for Easter or fizzy lifting drink, what would you choose? The goose. (I want it now!)

2 comments:

{Tara} said...

OK, that last question is the best! I always wanted the gum that was a three-course meal. Thanks for playing, btw!!

Laminated Fragments said...

See, and I was never that fond of the gum because I always enjoy eating, especially seconds at Stave's where every food, even the vegetables, are good. . Meals are always so interesting.